Home > Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Criminal Defense Overview
Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Criminal Defense Overview
If you are under investigation or have been charged with a crime in Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky, you probably are feeling understandably overwhelmed and stressed. The consequences of a criminal conviction in Ohio can be severe.
Scroll for more information
Depending on the crime you are accused of and the circumstances of the case, you could face a sentence that includes:
- Spending time in jail or prison
- Paying a costly criminal fine up to tens of thousands of dollars
- Paying court costs and restitution
- Acting within the limits of probation or parole
- Completing court-mandated drug or alcohol treatment or remedial driving courses on your dime
- Losing your driver’s license
- Missing out on employment opportunities in the future or even losing your current job
- Being denied your professional license to be a teacher, nurse, doctor, pharmacist, lawyer, or other licensed professional
- Being forced to register as a sex offender
- Losing your immigration status, facing deportation or other difficulties with immigration
- Facing a permanent criminal record and all the other consequences that may follow
- Social stigma that can disrupt your life for years
Not only are you facing a great deal of uncertainty as to what punishments you may face if convicted, but if you are unfamiliar with the ins and outs of the criminal justice system, you can feel quite alone. Luckily, the law provides you the right to a partner during this difficult time. A Cincinnati criminal defense attorney can help you get through this experience much better and help you secure the best possible outcome. Call our skilled attorneys at Luftman, Heck & Associates today at (513) 338-1890 to find out how we can help you.
An Experienced Lawyer Can Help With Securing Your Future
An optimal outcome from your case is only possible with the help of an aggressive criminal defense. When you hire a Cincinnati criminal defense lawyer, you need to make sure they have the right background, experience, and personality to vigorously defend you, both in and out of the courtroom. They will always put your best interests first, and never stop fighting your charges.
At Luftman, Heck & Associates, you can be assured this will happen. As defense attorneys with years of experience, we guarantee that you will be in good hands as our client. With experience winning cases and negotiating beneficial pleas on charges that include anything from drug offenses to OVIs to domestic violence cases, our team is prepared to handle any charges you may be facing. We even have special experience in juvenile cases, so we can help preserve your child’s future.
We know that this is a difficult time for you and your family. That’s why we will do everything in our power to make sure you are informed and protected. When you come to us, we’ll examine your case diligently and give you an honest assessment of what you can expect. We’ll also explain every step of the process so that you understand what’s happening and make informed decisions, no matter what your options.
What You Need to Know About Your Criminal Defense in Ohio and Kentucky
After you are arrested, you probably have a lot of questions. That’s why we are here to answer your call. No two cases are alike, so we will always provide you with customized advice that suits the specific circumstances of your case.
We can answer your questions in all of the following areas and more:
- Advantages of Hiring a Cincinnati DUI Attorney – DUI charges are common in Ohio; however, even for a first time OVI charge the criminal penalties and collateral consequences can be devastating. By hiring a Cincinnati DUI attorney, you will get the best possible outcome in your case.
- Arrest and Bail Process – If you are arrested, you likely have an opportunity for release on bail. A skilled criminal defense attorney can help you expedite that process.
- Expunging Your Criminal Record – An experienced Cincinnati criminal defense attorney can help you learn what charges can be expunged and how clearing your record may help you in the future.
- Ohio Criminal Process – We want to help you understand what to expect at each stage of the criminal process from arrest to trial to sentencing to bail.
- Federal Sentencing for Drug Trafficking – Drug trafficking charges can be serious, especially when they involve federal charges. Federal sentencing can differ greatly from state penalties, and you should know the difference if you are facing a possible conviction.
- Getting Legal Representation – When you are faced with the Ohio criminal justice system, your best bet is to seek legal representation from attorneys who have experience in local courts. We can help.
- Parole Violations – Learn what happens if you violate parole, as well as your rights if it may be revoked.
- Possible Defenses for Drug Charges – Drug charges can result in serious criminal penalties that will forever impact your life. A skilled attorney can help you build a strong defense.
- Reinstating your License – Suspension of a driver’s license is a common penalty for many criminal offenses. We can help you get your license resinstated after it’s been suspended.
- Searches and Seizures – This discusses what constitutes a legal search and what you can do if you were the victim of an unjust search and seizure.
- Alternatives to Mandatory Incarceration – Many crimes involve mandatory minimum sentencing that includes incarceration. We can help you avoid incarceration with alternative punishments.
- Plea Bargains – Often, prosecutors offer plea bargain that include lower sentences for a guilty plea. This will help explain how these work and some considerations you should make before accepting.
- Probation – This discusses what probation entails and some limits that you will face while on probation, as well as the penalties you face if you violate them.
- Asset Forfeiture – This tells you what can happen to your property after you are arrested and discusses your options on what to do.
Facing Charges? Call Luftman, Heck & Associates Right Away.
If you are facing criminal charges in Ohio, even if it is your first time being arrested, it is imperative to you consult a Cincinnati criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. The faster you get an attorney working for your interests, the better we can protect your rights and work for an optimal outcome. Our Cincinnati criminal defense team is ready to fight for you every step of the way. Call Cincinnati criminal defense attorney Brad Groene at Luftman, Heck & Associates right away at (513) 338-1890 to set up a free consultation on your case and get the justice that you deserve.