Home > Areas Served – Criminal Defense Help in Northern Kentucky and Ohio > Hamilton County Criminal Defense Lawyer – Ohio > Mariemont Criminal Defense Lawyer
Mariemont Criminal Defense Lawyer
Although police officers are supposed to be there for your protection, they can feel like they’re out to get you in Mariemont. It can be threatening when someone with a gun and a badge stares you down. You might not know if the officer saw you doing something wrong, or if you were even breaking any laws in the first place. Now, you could be facing legal consequences. Maybe whatever happened was an infraction, or maybe it was a serious felony. No matter what, the penalties could affect your life in surprising ways. A Mariemont criminal defense lawyer is the best way to fight back and prevent any more damage to your life.
Call us now at (513) 338-1890 to speak with the legal team at Luftman, Heck & Associates and arrange a free and confidential consultation to determine the best way to approach your case. You’ll have the chance to bring Brad Groene, a leading attorney in the Cincinnati area, on your team to represent you in court. The sooner Brad can look at your case, the better.
DUI / OVI Charges in Mariemont
In Ohio, drunk driving charges are called OVIs. OVIs are serious in Ohio. The penalties are harsh, and the judicial system can be unforgiving. If you have at least one OVI in the last 10 years, the punishments are even harsher, and they get worse with each repeat offense.
- First Offense – Between three days and six months in jail, between $250 and $1,000 in fines, license suspension between six months and three years
- Second Offense – Between 10 days and one year in jail, between $350 and $1,500 in fines, license suspension between one and five years
- Third Offense – Between 30 days and one year in jail, between $350 and $1,500 in fines, license suspension between one and ten years
- Fourth Offense – Between 60 days and one year in jail, between $800 and $10,000 in fines, license suspension between three years and permanent
Family Crimes in Mariemont
Facing criminal charges related to your family can be a terrifying and isolating experience. By their nature, they separate you from the people you share a close bond with. The stigma from sensitive charges like these might make it hard for you to turn to the other people in your life during this time, when you could be facing heavy legal consequences. The penalties for each charge will vary by the specifics of your case, but a few possibilities are:
- Assault – up to five years in prison and $10,000 in fines
- Violating a Protection Order – usually up to six months in prison and $1,000 in fine; possibly one to five years in prison
- Domestic Violence – up to 18 months in prison and $1,000 in fines
An experienced Mariemont criminal defense attorney like Brad Groene will be the ally you need to make it through these tough times. By hiring a Hamilton County criminal defense lawyer, you can maximize your chances at a successful outcome in your case.
Traffic violations occur every day in Ohio. Even the most cautious driver can drift over the speed limit or drive through a red light. Unfortunately, if you break any traffic laws in front of a police officer, you’ll probably be pulled over.
Seeing red and blue lights flashing in your rearview mirror can be a stressful experience. You might not even know why you’re being pulled over, let alone what the consequences will be. Here are a few charges in Ohio and they’re related penalties:
- Speeding – minor misdemeanor; third or fourth-degree misdemeanor in special circumstances
- Failure to Maintain Assured Clear Distance Ahead – fourth or third degree misdemeanor
- Failure to Obey a Traffic Control Device – fourth or third degree misdemeanor
- Failure to Yield – fourth or third degree misdemeanor
- Failure to Control – minor misdemeanor
When traffic violations are so commonplace, it’s easy to make the mistake of admitting guilt and paying the fines involved, but there are additional consequences that could have an effect on your life, including:
- Court fines
- Points on your driver’s license
- Increased car insurance premiums
- Driver’s license suspension
- Loss of your job
- CDL disqualification
- Civil liability
- Jail time
- Criminal record
Why Hire a Mariemont Criminal Defense Lawyer
Taking on the law is no small feat in Ohio. Your best shot at protecting your rights is to hire a knowledgeable Mariemont criminal defense lawyer such as Brad Groene. Call now to get the winning attorney, on your team. Brad has helped hundreds of clients in the Cincinnati area over the years; see how he can help you too.
Live in Hamilton County, but charged somewhere else in Ohio or Northern Kentucky? Call Luftman, Heck & Associates today to get good Mariemont criminal defense representation in the area. We’re located in Cincinnati’s Business District, but we also serve Clermont County, Warren County, Butler County, Kenton County, and many more. Click here for a full list of the areas we service.
Contact Cincinnati Criminal Defense Lawyer Brad Groene
If you are being investigated for criminal charges or are being accused of a crime, call the Mariemont criminal defense team of Luftman, Heck & Associates today at (513) 338-1890 or email us at email@example.com. Mariemont criminal defense lawyer Brad Groene is available 24/7 to answer your questions.