Home > Areas Served – Criminal Defense Help in Northern Kentucky and Ohio > Hamilton County Criminal Defense Lawyer – Ohio > Green Hills Criminal Defense Lawyer
Green Hills Criminal Defense Lawyer
With a population of just over 3,600 people (2010 census), Green Hills is a small village in Hamilton County. However, getting into legal trouble is not only restricted to large communities. If you are living in or just visiting Green Hills, being arrested for a crime should not be on your agenda. However, if it happens, do you know what to do?
What to do if You’re Arrested in Green Hills
Being arrested can be a very troubling time for many. In many instances, individuals are almost confused as to what is happening. It is during this time that people can get themselves into more trouble as our natural desire for self-preservation kicks in. Here are some useful tips if you are being arrested by a Green Hills’ police officer:
- Do not resist arrest – Even if you think you are being wrongly accused, it is not wise to resist the police officer. This can result in further charges that may remain even if the substantial charges are dismissed.
- Remain silent – You hear this warning all the time and often it is the one tip that is ignored when someone is being arrested. Once you are told you are under arrest, anything you say thereafter can be used in a court of law against you. Even if you have nothing to hide, remember the police is already formed suspicion that you have committed a crime, so it is best to save your defense for the courtroom.
- Be vigilant – Although this can be a very troubling time for you, it is important that you remain focus and make mental notes of everything that is happening and being said. This will important when consulting with your lawyer.
- Hire a lawyer – No matter how simple you think the charge may be, not having legal representation for police questioning and for court can spell disaster.
The fact that you are charged and arrested does not mean that you are guilty. However, following the above tips can negate the mistakes many defendants make when being arrested; mistakes that have the potential of weakening their case.
How a Green Hills Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help
The key to beating any criminal charge is to hire a competent lawyer from the beginning. Cincinnati criminal defense lawyer Brad Groene is equipped with years of professional experience defending individuals charged with minor infractions, misdemeanors, and felonies.
When you must face the court in relation to criminal allegations, having a Green Hills criminal defense lawyer by your side can help as follows:
- Get charges dismissed – Sometime police officers will make mistakes and will not have sufficient evidence to have the matter continue in court. In such and other situation, your lawyer can file a motion or speak with the prosecutor about having the charges dismissed.
- Get charges reduced – Each criminal charge will have particular elements which must be present to create the foundation for a crime. When any of those elements are absent, the prosecutor may not be able to proceed with the charge but may prefer a lesser charge. Your lawyer can negotiate to get your charges lowered.
- Offer independent investigation – Having a strong legal support team is an important asset. Being able to beat your charges include conducting independent research and investigation to prove your innocence. A lawyer will generally have these resource available.
- Prepare a good defense – You are innocent until proven guilty. If your case goes to trial, your lawyer will advise you of the legal defense available to do and will be instrumental in the research and preparation of a good defense.
There is a lot at stake when you are facing criminal charges. Even when penalties are minor, having a criminal record can have a crippling effect on your life. Don’t leave your legal representation to chance. You can trust Cincinnati criminal defense lawyer Brad Groene to get the work done.
Contact Cincinnati Criminal Defense Lawyer Brad Groene
If you are being investigated for criminal charges or are being accused of a crime, call the Green Hills criminal defense team of Luftman, Heck & Associates today at (513) 338-1890 or email us at email@example.com. Green hills criminal defense lawyer Brad Groene is available 24/7 to answer your questions.