Lawyer for Weapons Under Disability Charges in Cincinnati, Ohio
Having Weapons While Under Disability in Ohio
Having weapons while under disability in Ohio is a serious criminal offense. Many individuals across the state are charged with this offense every day. If convicted of having weapons while under disability, you will be charged with a third-degree felony. You will also, unfortunately, face numerous other negative consequences that will have an unforgiving impact on your life.
Having weapons while under disability can be defined according to the Ohio Revised Code (ORC 2923.13) as anyone who knowingly acquires, carries, or uses any firearm or dangerous weapon if any of the following conditions are applicable:
- You are a fugitive or convicted felon for the commission of any violent criminal offense;
- You are under indictment for or have been convicted of any kind of felony offense, or as a minor, you were convicted of a felony if you were charged as an adult;
- You are under indictment for or have been convicted of any kind of felony offense involving the illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking of any drug of abuse, or if you faced these charges as a child;
- You are dependent on drugs, at high risk for drug dependence, or are a chronic alcoholic;
- You have been committed to a mental institution, or a judge has determined that you are mentally incompetent, mentally impaired, or mentally ill and subject to hospitalization;
Penalties and Jail Time for Weapons Under Disability Charges in Cincinnati
The penalties for being convicted of having weapons while under disability in Ohio can be severe, in addition to carrying a negative stigma. If you are convicted for having weapons while under disability, you will be charged with a third-degree felony. This entails at least one and up to five years in prison in addition to fines up to $10,000.
Other Consequences of Having Weapons While Under Disability in Ohio
In addition to extensive prison time and hefty fines, having weapons while under disability conviction will undoubtedly have a profound negative impact on other areas of your life as well. You may face difficulty keeping or finding a job, furthering your education, obtaining loans, difficulty financially, maintaining professional licensures and keeping custody of your children to name a few.
If you are facing having weapons while under disability charges, it is imperative that you immediately contact the Cincinnati Criminal Defense Attorneys. Having weapons while under disability charge can be a frightening and overwhelming experience, and you do not have to go through it alone.
Although every case is different, it is crucial that you obtain an experienced, knowledgeable and compassionate firearms attorney as soon as possible who will fight vigorously for your legal rights and best interest. The sooner you speak with an attorney the better your options will be regarding your sentence.
The Cincinnati Criminal Defense team has successfully defended hundreds of individuals charged with having weapons while under disability. Their knowledge, experience, and compassion for your case will help you receive the justice you deserve.
Facing Weapons Under Disability Charges? Call Today.
Criminal charges can be an overwhelming and frightening experience. You are probably worried about your freedoms and privileges being at stake and have a lot of questions. You can rest assured, because the Cincinnati Criminal Defense team is here for you. Get the justice that you deserve. Don’t hesitate to contact us today at (513) 338-1890 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.