Home > Areas Served – Criminal Defense Help in Northern Kentucky and Ohio > Butler County Criminal Defense Lawyer – Ohio > Hamilton Criminal Defense Lawyer
Hamilton Criminal Defense Lawyer
According to the FBI’s Uniform Report, Hamilton is considered the tenth most dangerous city in Ohio. Accordingly, the police are always on alert. If you have been arrested for or charged with a crime, contact a Hamilton criminal defense attorney with Luftman, Heck & Associates today at (513) 338-1890.
The overt attention to criminal activity in Hamilton can result in excessive arrests and charges. Police focus on violent crimes, drug offenses, traffic violations, and other criminal situations. Convictions can lead to serious penalties.
Traffic Violations in Hamilton
Although traffic violations can seem minor, the consequences can be serious. Speeding, running a red light, and other violations can result in the following:
- Court fines
- Points to your driver’s license
- Increased car insurance premiums
- Driver’s license suspension
- Loss of your job
- CDL disqualification
- Criminal record
Additionally, you may have civil liability if your negligence or recklessness causes a motor vehicle accident. The laws surrounding traffic violations can be complex. Contact a Hamilton traffic violations attorney to find out how they can help you.
Drug Offenses in Hamilton
A drug offense can encompass a variety of charges. In the state of Ohio, if you are convicted of a drug offense you can face severe penalties. In fact, drug offenders can be charged on a state or federal level. This can result in lengthy prison time and large fines.
The following are some of the drug-related offenses you could face in Hamilton, Ohio:
- Possession of Drugs – Under Ohio law, possession of a controlled substance is illegal. Drug charges are divided into schedules based on the risk of dependency and danger. The penalties resulting from this charge are heavily dependent on the amount of drugs found in your possession.
- Possession of Marijuana – While in some cases the possession of marijuana can lead to a misdemeanor and a small fine, this charge can carry serious consequences if the case involves a large quantity of the drugs. Possession of more than 200 grams of marijuana can lead to a felony charge, at least one year of incarceration, and a hefty fine.
- Felony Possession – Possession of drugs may rise to the level of a felony depending on the amount in question, existence of a weapon, intent to distribute, and other variables. As a felony, penalties are more severe and criminal records can greatly impact lives.
- Intent to Distribute or Sell – Law enforcement will suspect an individual had an intent to sell, distribute, or traffic drugs if the quantity is reasonably larger than one would personally use. Intent to sell and distribute charges can be complicated, and penalties are generally more severe.
While a drug charge is a serious matter, it is not impossible to beat the charges. You will need a reliable and experienced Hamilton criminal defense lawyer to help you navigate the legal system.
Domestic Violence, Assault & Family Crimes
Crimes involving domestic violence and assault are often the result of difficult situations. Accusations may come from misunderstandings, and it can be difficult to determine exactly what happened.
If you have been accused of domestic violence, assault, or related crimes, contact Hamilton criminal defense lawyer Brad Groene to defend you today. He is familiar with crimes, such as:
- Domestic violence
- Assault or battery
- Violation of a protection order
- Telephone harassment
- Menacing and stalking
- Child abuse and neglect
- Child endangerment
- Other crimes against children
White Collar Crimes in Hamilton
Anyone can be accused of and charged with a crime. Professional individuals are particularly susceptible to accusations involving white collar crimes. Such crimes involve complex laws regarding interactions among companies, employees, owners, shareholders, and others with business interests.
Common types of white collar crimes include:
- Tax fraud & tax evasion
- Mortgage fraud
- Money laundering
A Hamilton white collar crimes attorney can help you navigate the legal issues involved with these crimes. Call today to find out more about your legal options.
Hamilton Criminal Defense Lawyer Brad Groene Can Help
Have you been arrested for or charged with a crime in Hamilton, Ohio? Hamilton criminal defense lawyer Brad Groene has experience representing people throughout Ohio. Do not delay in seeking legal representation. Early consultation with a lawyer can make a significant difference in your matter. Call Hamilton lawyer Brad Groene today.
If you are being investigated for criminal charges or are being accused of a crime, call the Hamilton criminal defense team of Luftman, Heck & Associates today at (513) 338-1890 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hamilton criminal defense lawyer Brad Groene is available 24/7 to answer your questions.