Home > Areas Served – Criminal Defense Help in Northern Kentucky and Ohio > Boone County Criminal Defense Lawyer – Kentucky > Walton Criminal Defense Lawyer
Walton Criminal Defense Lawyer
Getting stopped by a Walton police officer can be a scary experience. You may or may not have done something wrong. You are probably feeling anxious about what would happen next. Criminal charges can have serious negative effects on your personal life and future career. If you have been charged with a crime in Walton, contact an experienced Walton criminal defense attorney for help as soon as possible.
The knowledgeable criminal defense attorneys at Luftman, Heck & Associates can answer your legal questions, and determine the best course of action. Call (513) 338-1890 to receive a free and confidential consultation today.
Alcohol Offenses in Walton
Alcohol-related offenses can be a serious crime in Northern Kentucky. Depending on the circumstance, you may be facing hefty fines or jail time. There is typically a wide-range of alcohol offenses, including:
- Underage Drinking: The state’s minimum drinking age is 21. If you are underage, you are not allowed to possess, purchase, or attempt to purchase alcohol. It is also illegal to use fake identification to purchase alcohol. Penalties can include imprisonment for up to 90 days, and fines up to $250.
- Selling Alcohol to Minors: It is illegal to sell alcohol to minors under 21 years of age in Kentucky. If you are caught and convicted of selling alcohol to underage patrons, your business may lose its liquor license. In addition, you may face a first-degree misdemeanor charge with potential jail time and fines up to $1,000.
- Open Container Laws: You are not allowed to carry an open container of alcohol in public. According to Ky. Rev. Stat. §222.202, a person is guilty of an open container crime when “he drinks an alcoholic beverage in a public place, or in or upon any passenger coach, or other vehicle commonly used for the transportation of passengers.” You can potentially be convicted of a misdemeanor for drinking in public.
When you are dealing with an alcohol-related crime, hiring an experienced Walton criminal defense lawyer will be essential to your defense. Contact Brad Groene from Luftman, Heck & Associates to set up a confidential, one-on-one consultation today.
Drug Offenses in Walton
In 2014 alone, there were over 800 reported drug and narcotic offenses in Boone County. Most drug offenses are considered felonies, and will lead to harsh punishments. Drug-related offenses can also become very complicated, especially when multiple parties are involved. An experienced Walton criminal defense lawyer will be able to assess your situation, and potentially reduce the penalties. Serious drug offenses can include:
Trafficking controlled substances: Trafficking or conspiring to traffic hard drugs, such as heroin, can result in a jail sentence of up to ten years in the state penitentiary. This also applies to trafficking five or more pounds of marijuana. Offenses involving less than eight ounces of marijuana are considered Class A misdemeanors.
- Schedule I: Substances with a high risk of addiction and abuse, and no accepted medical value. Examples include heroin, GHB, LSD, marijuana, and ecstasy.
- Schedule II: Substances with a high risk of abuse and dependency, but offers limited recognized medical value. Examples include methadone, amphetamines, opium, and cocaine.
- Schedule III: Substances with moderate potential for danger and addiction, and have some accepted medical uses. Examples include anabolic steroids, testosterone, ketamine, and depressants.
- Schedule IV: Substances with less risk of dependency, and have some accepted medical uses. These generally include prescription drugs and sedatives.
- Schedule V: Substances with very low chances of addiction and abuse. Examples are stimulants, and medication with added Codeine.
Possession of controlled substances: When you are found to be in illegal possession of a controlled substance, you can be charged in various degrees, depending on the type of drug. In Kentucky, controlled substances are divided into the schedules listed below:
You can possibly be charged with state and federal crimes in accordance with the schedule and amount of drugs in your possession. In difficult scenarios, you will need to consult with a knowledgeable Boone County defense attorney to figure out a legal solution.
How a Skilled Walton Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help
In most cases, a skilled criminal defense attorney can make all the difference between winning and losing. If you have been charged with an alcohol or drug offense in Walton, Brad Groene from Luftman, Heck & Associates is here to help. He has successfully negotiated plea deals, and reduced or reverse charges on behalf of many clients like you.
Do you live in Boone County, but were charged somewhere else? Our criminal defense practice covers counties throughout Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati. Click here to see a full list of the areas we service.
Contact a Walton Criminal Defense Attorney
If you are being investigated for criminal charges or are being accused of a crime, call the Cincinnati criminal defense team of Luftman, Heck & Associates today or email us at email@example.com. Boone County criminal defense lawyer Brad Groene is available 24/7 to answer your questions.
Contact Northern Kentucky Criminal Defense Lawyer Brad Groene
If you are being investigated for criminal charges or are being accused of a crime, call the Cincinnati criminal defense team of Luftman, Heck & Associates today at (513) 338-1890. Brad Groene is available 24/7 to answer your questions.